Re: [htdig] Disk usage

Thu, 14 Oct 1999 13:27:17 -0500 (CDT)

According to rehan.zaidi@home.com:
> When running htmerge, I get the following result:
> --
> medea:~/htdig-3.1.3$ bin/htmerge
> /var: warning, user disk quota exceeded
> /var: write failed, user disk limit reached.
> /bin/sort: write error: Quota exceeded
> htmerge: Word sort failed
> --
>
> I supposedly have over 250 MB of unused disk space available in my home
> directory, where I've installed ht://Dig. When I run htmerge, does it write
> only to the 'db' directory? Or could the error be caused by an attempt to
> write files elsewhere?

As the message state, you've exceeded your quota. That means disk space
quotas are in effect on the /var volume, and you, as a user, have used up
all you're allowed. It doesn't mean the volume is full. Indeed, the
whole point of quotas is to avoid having one user gobble up all the space
on a volume. Try "man quota" to get more information. You'll have to
increase your quota, or get someone to do it for you if you're not the
admin.