Re: [htdig] Tenon update

Wed, 6 Oct 1999 23:25:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Gabriel Fenteany wrote:

> I didn't check, since I downloaded their binary. That's what they told me.
> I took their word for it. Want me to e-mail them? I am sure they're
> respect the GNU license, as they seem to be a decent company.

I actually addressed the e-mail to both you and to their support addres. I
probably should have sent separate e-mails. I take their word for it, I
only gave their FTP site a cursory glance.

> Geoff, if you could help Tenon out so that they could get the latest
> ht://Dig into their upcoming final release of WebTen 3.0, I would worship
> the ground you walk on! :)

I know you don't work for Tenon, as I said, I addressed the e-mail to both
you and Tenon. In retrospect, that was a bad idea.

As for getting ht://Dig into their next release, it's obviously very much
up to them. Since they're a commercial company, I expect customer requests
might help.

I've offered my help to them in the past, and I've only heard from them
intermittently. Offhand, I don't know why they don't at least have someone
subscribed to the htdig3-dev list. No matter, once the source is
discovered on their ftp server, it shouldn't be difficult to merge in the
current stable release. (don't you love the handy "merge" program?)