Re: [htdig] Error while executing configure.

Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 17:49:26 -0600 (MDT)

The compiler system that came with SuSE 6.0 was a bit hack-ish if I remember
correctly. It installed an older version of gcc and required that you install
a newer egcs package to pick up C++ support. Or something like that. I just
remember that getting C++ support was less than obvious if you were flying
through the package selection. If you go back and look through the development
packages and read the descriptions for the C/C++ related packages there is
an explanation of what you need to install for proper C++ support.

Jim

Wolfram Stumpf's bits of Wed, 6 Oct 1999 translated to: