Re: [htdig] external_parsers

Wed, 6 Oct 1999 12:34:10 -0500

At 10:23 AM -0400 10/6/99, Patrick Dugal wrote:
>So my main question is what would be the best way to add this customization
>of the results? If it's not easy to add fields to the database, what would

The best way is actually to use the 3.2 development code. ;-)

Part of the rewrite was to allow "flags" for each word in the
database. For example, keywords, headers, titles are all flags, as is
"author."

On the other hand, though the HTML parser recognizes the same markup
as previous versions of ht://Dig, nothing has been added to parse
Dublin Core or other meta-information as far as authorship or other
fields.

One final note, the defined flags are only a small set of the space
reserved. We'd obviously like to allow DTD or other mechanisms to
specify what various flags might specify. We're still working out how
this might be recorded--after all, you have to remember at search
time what the flag was at index time...

Does that answer your question?