Re: [htdig] How does htdig determine scores for searches

Wed, 6 Oct 1999 07:31:55 -0500

At 1:37 AM -0700 10/6/99, Mark Thompson - Mailing Lists wrote:
>I know about the htdig-keywords META tag and have told this to my
>client as a way to move pages up as well as the other things such as
>titles, descriptions, and headers.
>
>Finally, is there any resource that would give me some optimum
>settings for htdig for scoring?

There are a variety of scoring factors, including the keywords,
descriptions, titles, and headers you mention. There's also a few
other factors:

http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#backlink_factor
http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#description_factor
http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#date_factor

As for "optimum settings," I don't know that such a thing exists.
Finding good settings is a black art and all I can say is that if you
wish to play around with the factors, you can certainly do so.