Re: [htdig] Bad Words in the Search String

David J. Adams (
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:14:44 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999 08:23:55 -0500 Geoff Hutchison
<> wrote:

> At 11:32 AM +0100 9/30/99, David Adams wrote:
> >would like advice on. It appears that an "All" search on a search
> >string containing a word in the bad_word_list will fail. For example, a
> >search on "The Staff Club" finds nothing, while a search on "Staff Club"
> >finds the Staff Club page. More seriously for us, a search for
> >"New College" fails, while a search on "College" finds the pages on
> >The University of Southampton New College.
> Are you doing these searches including the quotes? What version are you using?
> -Geoff Hutchison
> Williams Students Online

Version is ht://Dig 3.1.2, sorry I omitted that in original

The search strings are used without quotes. Would that
make a difference?

Try for yourself at

David J. Adams

To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to containing the single word unsubscribe in
the SUBJECT of the message.