Re: [htdig] ISO-Latin-2, translating, instalating

Geoff Hutchison (
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 08:31:55 -0500

At 12:27 PM +0200 9/30/99, Marjan Savli wrote:
> As I understand this is "hidden" somewhere in htsearch
> It would be nice if this can be easily changed in some
> cfg file.

> I would like to have all pictures in one of my own, earlier
> directories, like I was able to do with this buttons.

> to implement ISO-Latin-2 into ht://Dig Sonner, better.

As I think several people on the developer list explained, there is
an effort to add full Unicode support to ht://Dig with support for a
wide variety of character sets. While people are welcome to work on
patching the code to implement something like ISO-Latin-2, the
official version is not likely to implement one set over another.

> How can I search only for a main word "dog" and get in between
> resluts with "dog" also words "dogs"?

This is the "endings" fuzzy algorithm, generated for a particular
language by using the ispell spelling dictionaries for a particular
language, setting

and then generating the endings db by running htfuzzy.

>BTW 2: Why isn't this program availble on

I don't know. Why don't you suggest it?

To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to containing the single word unsubscribe in
the SUBJECT of the message.