[htdig] Bad Words in the Search String

loic@ceic.com
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:09:09 +0200 (MEST)

David Adams writes:

> Looking through the search log I've noticed a small problem which I
> would like advice on. It appears that an "All" search on a search
> string containing a word in the bad_word_list will fail. For example, a
> search on "The Staff Club" finds nothing, while a search on "Staff Club"
> finds the Staff Club page. More seriously for us, a search for
> "New College" fails, while a search on "College" finds the pages on
> The University of Southampton New College.

 My guess (not for sure) is that the bad word list is not used in a
consistent way in former versions of htdig (prior to htdig-3.2 not yet
released). I guess (again) that getting rid of bad_word_list completely
will solve your problem.
 Don't take that as an authoritative advice.

     Cheers,

--
		Loic Dachary

ECILA 100 av. du Gal Leclerc 93500 Pantin - France Tel: 33 1 56 96 09 80, Fax: 33 1 56 96 09 61 e-mail: Loic@Dachary.org URL: http://www.senga.org/