Re: [htdig]Special characters in capital letters

Torsten Neuer (tneuer@inwise.de)
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:32:35 +0200

Obiajulu Odu wrote:

> Hello,
> I have this problem.
> Htdig does not index norwegian special characters in capital letter (Ăě┼). When I search for example "ňpning", htsearch will find the documents. But
> when I search for "┼pning" it will not find anything. It's the same for Ă and ě.
> I want for example "┼pning" to be indexed and searched as ┼pning.
>
> I have included below in htdig.conf but they did not solve the problem:
>
> locale:no

This depends upon your system configuration. Normally, this should be
set to
"no_NO" for Norwegian, since "no" does not contain information about
character
handling on most systems.

> extra_word_characters:┼ěň°ĂŠ
Should not be neccessary once the correct locale has been defined.

> case_sensitive: false
This directive only controls URL handling - *not* handling of document
contents.

hth,
  Torsten

Waldhofstra▀e 14                            Tel: +49-4101-403605