[htdig] Help, need to know htdig / htmerge / htsearch interaction.

Daniel MacKay (Daniel.MacKay@Dal.Ca)
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 10:08:44 -0300

I have read some of the documentation, I can't find the answer to my questions.

My first htdig ran for a couple days, merge for a couple hours, and I need
to know how successive ones interact with htsearch usage.

 - On successive, non -i htdigs, is every page downloaded and indexed again?
   Or just the new ones or changed ones?
 - Does htdig destroy the existing database while it's running? That is,
   can htsearch be used on the existing database while htdig is running?
 - Same question for htmerge.

If you know the answers, (or where I can find them) I'd appreciate hearing
from you.

--
Daniel.MacKay@Dal.Ca
Network Operations Centre Manager                   902 494-danm