Re: [htdig] [FEATURE REQUEST] hierarchical collections

Bill Carlson (wcarlson@vh.org)
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:11:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Darrell Berry wrote:

> i want to have a number of separate, topic-based search subcollections
> of a larger dataset...each will have its own database etc...is there any
> way to search the superset without generating a separate reindex of the
> whole lot?
>
> if not, where does this sit in the 'feature requests' list?

Look into "Merging Databases" in the docs. I'm doing that with my config,
but only with 2 databases.

Basically, you would need to setup a configuration and run just htmerge
and friends (htfuzzy, etc.) for that config with the -m option. The only
real savings is that you don't have to run htdig against the same site
twice, the target database will contain information from all the merged
databases.

HTH,

Bill Carlson