Re: [htdig] Question about htdig scope

Bill Carlson (
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:06:20 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Greg W wrote:

> So how could you force it to look at all docs in a directory and under it ?
> I would like to be able to dump docs at random into a directory without
> having to have it organised....

On your webserver, turn on indexes. Htdig will treat the 'index' page as a
regular page and follow the links to all files and subdirectories.

For Apache, this is done with the Options Indexes configuration directive.

Bill Carlson
Systems Programmer | Opinions are mine,
Virtual Hospital | not my employer's.
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics |

To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to containing the single word unsubscribe in
the SUBJECT of the message.