Re: [htdig] Question about htdig scope

Jim Cole (
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 22:02:11 -0600 (MDT)

For the configuration you state below, only pages with URLs that expand to
to include the pattern will be indexed. So your document
root will not be indexed even if you have a link to it in the data/ directory.

Erick Thompson's bits of Mon, 27 Sep 1999 translated to:

> Thanks for the info. However, if there is a link from the subdirectory to
> the root url ( in this case) will htdig follow that link? In the
> config file, I have the restrict URL set to the start URL(s). Is this
> restriction based on the address or the url? That is, if the start URL is
>, will pass the restrict URL test?

To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to containing the single word unsubscribe in
the SUBJECT of the message.