Re: [htdig] Question about htdig scope

Erick Thompson (
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:43:27 -0700

Thanks for the info. However, if there is a link from the subdirectory to
the root url ( in this case) will htdig follow that link? In the
config file, I have the restrict URL set to the start URL(s). Is this
restriction based on the address or the url? That is, if the start URL is, will pass the restrict URL test?

At 08:21 PM 9/27/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Erick Thompson's bits of Mon, 27 Sep 1999 translated to:
> > I've just installed htdig, and I was wondering how it handles a directory
> > name as part of the base URL. That is, if I put in will
> > htdig index all of or just the documents under data?
>It should do neither. Instead, it will look for a default page in the data/
>directory (e.g. index.html, index.htm). It will index that page, collect
>all of the links listed on that page, and proceed to do the same with each
>of those links. There are a number of ways in which the links it follows
>will be limited, but it will only consider pages that can be reached by
>traversing a series of links that originate in the default page.

To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to containing the single word unsubscribe in
the SUBJECT of the message.