Re: [htdig] htdig install

David Robley (huntsman@www.nisu.flinders.edu.au)
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 10:15:29 +0930 (CST)

On 26 Sep, Andy Malato wrote:

> Hi I am trying to Install the latest version of Htdig on my BSDI 3.1
> box. I went through all of the documentation and I am trying to
> install the entire package into /usr/var/www/htdig === I edited the
> CONFIG file and specified all the proper paths, however even though to
> my knowledge I configured everything correctly, I am still having a
> problem.
>
> The Problem I am having is that when running rundig (the script used
> to create the same search text from htdig.org) I get an error message
> saying : cannot locate /opt/www/htdig/conf/config -- why is it looking
> in this location when I specified the location to be
> /usr/var/www/htdig/conf? Is htdig required to be in /opt/www/htdig?
>
> Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated!!!
> thanks,

If you are using the snapshot version of 3.2, it doesn't appear to use a
CONFIG file - certainly it doesn't create one when running configure.
However, there is reference in install.html to the use of flags for
configure:

"As of the full 3.1.0 release, configure also supports setting the other
directories in CONFIG using the flags --with-cgi-bin-dir=DIR,
--with-image-dir=DIR and --with-search-dir=DIR."

Using this technique worked like a charm for me - you might consider
sticking the configure command and flags in a script so it can be
readily modified at a later date.

Cheers

--
David Robley

WEBMASTER | Phone +61 8 8374 0970 RESEARCH CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES | http://www.nisu.flinders.edu.au/ AusEinet | http://auseinet.flinders.edu.au/ Flinders University, ADELAIDE, SOUTH AUSTRALIA Visit the PHP mirror at http://au.php.net:81/

<<<<<<<<<<<<< WARNING * END OF TEXT * STOP READING HERE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>