[htdig] Scripts that use GDBM_File

loic@ceic.com
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 14:14:13 +0200 (MEST)

Joe R. Jah writes:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I have been trying to take advantage of some of the scripts in contrib
> folder; yesterday I noticed that five of them, changehost/changehost.pl,
> doclist/doclist.pl, doclist/listafter.pl, urlindex/urlindex.pl, and
> wordfreq/wordfreq.pl, have an identical problem: they all die on the
> following line:
>
> tie(%docdb, GDBM_File, $dbfile, GDBM_READER, 0) die ...

 Well, since htdig uses Berkeley DB files and not GDBM files you could
just change the tie call to DB_File. I'm not sure if the internal structure
of the data stored in the file is still compatible, though :-}

--
		Loic Dachary

ECILA 100 av. du Gal Leclerc 93500 Pantin - France Tel: 33 1 56 96 09 80, Fax: 33 1 56 96 09 61 e-mail: Loic@Dachary.org URL: http://www.senga.org/