[htdig] What does running in non -i mode do?

Daniel MacKay (Daniel.MacKay@Dal.Ca)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:39:28 -0300

Hello from a new user.

Can someone point me at a document that tells me how ht://dig uses the
existing database? Does it
 - check a document's HEAD dates against what's in the database?
 - ignore existing data?

Does it destroy the current database while it's running in non -a mode? My
htdig runs for a couple days per run, if I want my users to be able to use
htsearch while it's running, do I have to COPY them to .work files and use
-a? If so, which ones should I copy?

Any pointers would be welcome. Thanks.

--
Daniel.MacKay@Dal.Ca
Network Operations Centre Manager                   902 494-danm