Re: [htdig] Problems with template_map

Nick O'Brien (N.G.J.OBrien@reading.ac.uk)
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:08:28 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)

On Sat, 18 Sep 1999 00:23:48 -0600 Jim Cole <greyleaf@yggdrasill.net>
wrote:

> > template_map: Long long /usr/local/htdig/local/long.html Short short /usr/local/
> > htdig/local/short.html
> > template_name: long
> >
> > (template_map is one line). What I find when using the default
> > search.html search form is that whether I specify short or long as the
>
> Are you truly using an unmodified version of the default search.html? If so,

Yes I am - just to be paranoid I check it with the version in the source
distribution

> I think you need to make at least two changes to get the template_map to work. The
> format is specified through the following two option tags...
>
> <option value=builtin-long>Long
> <option value=builtin-short>Short
>
> I think those need to be changed to
>
> <option value=long>Long
> <option value=short>Short
>
> in order to get the results you are looking for.

(I've been away have been away hence the delay)

Thanks for your email Jim - what I get when I do is the builtin long
format whether I choose a long or short search.

Anyone else on the list have any ideas or shall I just log a bug report?

        Rgds.,

                Nick.