Re: [htdig] Merging several small databeses

Bill Carlson (wcarlson@vh.org)
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:38:39 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Andrea Carpani wrote:

> Hello everybody, here's my problem.
>
> I'd like to use htdig to dig several sites, and then merge the data into one
> single db. I guess I can do this with htmerge painlessly. The problem is that,
> when I get a search result, I'd like to know which "original" small db the hit
> came from: is this possible ?

Hi Andrea,

I believe the answer is no. In the current version of htdig, the merging
of databases is more of an import. The target data base will contain all
the search data, there is no reference as to where the data came from
other than the value of the links. As far as htsearch is concerned, it is
using only one database.

Were you thinking of displaying the source of the hit with each hit on the
reults page?

Bill Carlson