[htdig] Understanding StartURL

Frank Martini (fmartini@caddev.com)
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:05:39 -0500

There's something I'm not understanding. Here's the scenario. I had an
original starturl file with about 1,200 urls (most of them individual
pages). The dig went fine. The I found another URL that we missed. So, I
temporarly renamed the old starturl and created a new one with exactly one
url. I ran the dig again and HTDIG went thru reporting "New Server" for all
of the old 1,200 urls. I was assuming that I was going to cause a dig on the
single url, not a redig of all previously-indexed sites. Did I do something
wrong?

Frank