Re: [htdig] Merging Databases

Mon, 20 Sep 1999 10:19:38 -0500

At 10:14 AM -0500 9/20/99, Bill Carlson wrote:
>rundig -c main.conf
>rundig -m main.conf -c crawl.conf -skipdig
>
>where I modified rundig to take -skipdig and skip the htdig and htmerge
>portion.

If that's the case, then either I'm misunderstanding you, or you just
indicated that you index main, then you merge main into (an empty)
crawl. "to take -skipdig and skip the htdig and htmerge portion"
indicates to me that it *didn't* do htdig -c crawl.conf or htmerge -m
main.conf -c crawl.conf.

Personally, I'd suggest doing it from the command-line to start to
see if you're doing something odd in your script.

>How can I verify that the merge happens other than performing a search?
>What can I lookup for in the verbose output? In one of the databases?

I'd take a look at the db.wordlist file. It's plaintext and if
there's a word that you know is unique to one of the databases,
you'll know that database is in there.