Re: [htdig] Merging Databases

Bill Carlson (
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 10:14:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> >The merge doesn't seem to happen. Search on main works fine, search on
> >crawl only returns crawl hits. What am I doing wrong?
> OK, since you didn't specify conf files, I'll go through the syntax
> exactly (obviously you may use additional flags):
> htdig -c main.conf
> htmerge -c main.conf
> htdig -c crawl.conf
> htmerge -m main.conf -c crawl.conf
> That's it. This will merge main -> crawl, performing the normal
> htmerge runs as needed.

Ok, that is essentially what I am doing:

rundig -c main.conf
rundig -m main.conf -c crawl.conf -skipdig

where I modified rundig to take -skipdig and skip the htdig and htmerge

How can I verify that the merge happens other than performing a search?

What can I lookup for in the verbose output? In one of the databases?

Bill Carlson
Systems Programmer | Opinions are mine,
Virtual Hospital | not my employer's.
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics |

To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to containing the single word unsubscribe in
the SUBJECT of the message.