[htdig] Merging Databases

Bill Carlson (wcarlson@vh.org)
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 09:30:56 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

I have been trying to get a handle on the merge feature of htmerge with no
success. Would someone mind explaining step by step what the process is?

Here is what I have been doing:

Say I have 2 databases main and crawl. I need searches that get main or
main and crawl. So I:

dig main (stock rundig)
htdig crawl
htmerge crawl with '-m main.conf'
rundig skipping htdig and htmerge

The merge doesn't seem to happen. Search on main works fine, search on
crawl only returns crawl hits. What am I doing wrong?

Setup:
HtDig 3.1.2
Solaris 2.6

Any help appreciated.