[htdig] What "features" of libht.a does htdig 3.1.2 require?

Larry Williamson (larry@mitra.com)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 16:36:07 -0400 (EDT)

I wrote a couple of hours ago...
> I am trying to build ht:/dig 3.1.2 on a Solaris 2.7 machine with gcc
> 2.8.1. I have libstd++ version 2.8.1 installed too.
>
> ht:/dig fails to configure because libht is not found.
>
> I tried to use the SunPro 4.2 C++ compiler instead, but to no avail.
>
> In both cases, the missing libht.a seems to be the cause.

I thought I had tried the SunPro compiler, but as it turns out, I
forgot the CXX environment variable to override the g++ choice. So g++
was still being used.

Now - I have really used Sun's compiler, so configure works, but the
compile fails right away, first file (../btree/bt_compare.c). I
suspect this is to be expected as the documentation says to use gcc
and g++).

Still any advice would be appreciated.