Re: [htdig] Useful hardware setup needed

Peter Bowyer (
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 19:18:32 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: Stein, Thomas (AGLW) <>
To: <>
Cc: Stein, Thomas (AGLW) <>
Sent: 16 September 1999 17:19
Subject: [htdig] Useful hardware setup needed

> Dear Listmembers,
> I am about to setup a htdig system which should be dimensioned to store a
> great amount of data and should be capable to handle many requests within
> acceptable time. I would appreciate any recommendations and experiences on
> the hardware setup (system, RAM, diskspace, network connection, price,
> etc.). I personally prefer linux based systems but any other experiences
> would be appreciated.

To answer your question in the same terms it was worded - I'd say you'd need
a fairly powerful system with a medium amount of ram, a pretty big disk and
very fast internet connection.

To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to containing the single word unsubscribe in
the SUBJECT of the message.