Re: [htdig] doclist, perl db.docdb access

Sat, 11 Sep 1999 20:06:29 -0500

At 1:16 PM -0500 9/10/99, Bill Carlson wrote:
>I have access to the database, but the hashed information doesn't seem
>right. For example, the key should be the URL in question, yet when
>running doclist.pl for example, the output is something like:

The problem is the attributes common_url_parts and url_part_aliases,
which encode and compress the URLs. In short, the Perl code hasn't
kept pace with the C++ code.

Ideally, we should have a shared C++ library and Perl bindings to
this. Then the Perl code will keep pace with the C++ code as long as
there aren't significant changes requiring binding updates. The 3.2
development tree already is beginning to be built on a shared library
setup.