[htdig] Limiting the number of results

Xhemil Meco (xmeco@isdnet.net)
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 20:53:03 +0200 (CEST)

I'm having the following problem with htdig:
the response time of the search depends on the number of results.
If there are some thousands of results I have to wait a lot more than if
there were only some dozens of them. Well, I have to say htdig is swaping
a lot because there is not enough RAM.
My question is:
Is there a way to limit the number of results, for example, telling htdig
to stop searching after it founds 1000 documents?

Another issue is that it seems that htdig does exactly the same search
when you go to another page? Does it happen that way? Aren't there any
cache techniques used?

TIA