[htdig] doclist, perl db.docdb access

Bill Carlson (wcarlson@vh.org)
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 13:16:07 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

I am stumbling into some problems using any of the contrib perl scripts. I
understand that various fields have been added to the docdb that aren't in
some of the scripts; I have accounted for those.

I have access to the database, but the hashed information doesn't seem
right. For example, the key should be the URL in question, yet when
running doclist.pl for example, the output is something like:

^Gwww.somewhere.org/index.html^S

where those are control characters that only show when piping through
less.

I modified the script to use BerekeleyDB instead of GDBM_File, but no
change.

Any pointers?

Thanks,

Bill Carlson