Re: [htdig] XHTML compliance/Tidy

Geoff Hutchison (
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 11:07:14 -0500

At 3:49 PM +0100 9/10/99, Rzepa, Henry wrote:
>Apologies if this has been discussed on the developers version of this forum,
>but what XHTML 1.0/4.01 conformance for htdig is planned/implemented?

Obviously, we hope to eventually be completely compliant. However,
this is a bit difficult at the moment. Any notes on particular
non-compliant behavior would be welcome.

One of the nicest features of more recent HTML standards is expansion
of the <LINK> tags to allow linked META information. This would be a
nice feature, but in the 3.1.x model, it would be impossible to
retrieve it since each URL was a separate document.

We're moving towards a much more flexible model (by moving retrieval
out of the Document code), but it's certainly not going to make 3.2
unless there's some help in this department.

To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to containing the single word unsubscribe in
the SUBJECT of the message.