Re: [htdig] XHTML compliance/Tidy

Fri, 10 Sep 1999 11:07:14 -0500

At 3:49 PM +0100 9/10/99, Rzepa, Henry wrote:
>Apologies if this has been discussed on the developers version of this forum,
>but what XHTML 1.0/4.01 conformance for htdig is planned/implemented?

Obviously, we hope to eventually be completely compliant. However,
this is a bit difficult at the moment. Any notes on particular
non-compliant behavior would be welcome.

One of the nicest features of more recent HTML standards is expansion
of the <LINK> tags to allow linked META information. This would be a
nice feature, but in the 3.1.x model, it would be impossible to
retrieve it since each URL was a separate document.

We're moving towards a much more flexible model (by moving retrieval
out of the Document code), but it's certainly not going to make 3.2
unless there's some help in this department.

-Geoff