Re: [htdig] pdf result

Fri, 10 Sep 1999 10:46:52 -0500 (CDT)

According to Benoit LEROYER:
> If in my result of search i have pdf documents, only the link is OK
> the name result is Microsoft Word - "filename".doc
> and filename is not the good name

What you're seeing is the title built into the PDF file, which is
extracted by acroread (or pdfinfo, if using parse_doc.pl as external
parser) during the indexing run. This is a common problem. PDF Writer
doesn't usually get meaningful titles from the applications from which
you generate your PDFs, so unless you edit the title yourself when you
generate the PDF, it won't have a useful title for htdig to grab and use.