Re: [htdig]

Thu, 9 Sep 1999 09:29:32 -0500 (CDT)

According to Tubbs, Derric L:
> There seems to be a problem with unsubscribing. I've sent two requests to
> unsubscribe as per the directions at the bottom of every message and I still
> get messages from the list. I just now went and tried it through the
> website. We'll see how it goes.

I've lost track of the number of unique misspellings of the word
"unsubscribe" I've seen go by on this mailing list! Remember, folks,
spelling matters. These requests are processed by a program, not a
person, so if you don't spell the request correctly it just won't work.

If the word is just too hard to spell correctly, I'd suggest using
cut-and-paste to enter the word into the subject field, or using the
web interface at

        http://www.htdig.org/mailing.html

If you use the web interface, remember to switch the Action selector to
Unsubscribe.

If you unsubscribe by e-mail, you must also send the message to the list
from which you want to unsubscribe, e.g. htdig@htdig.org. I've received
a lot of unsubscribe requests addressed to me personally, rather than the
list. (Some were not exactly polite!)