Re: [htdig] Htdig 3.1.2 DEC Alpha 4.0d / not using ENDINGS DB?

Thu, 9 Sep 1999 08:52:43 -0500 (CDT)

According to Geoff Hutchison:
> At 11:18 AM -0500 9/8/99, Dan Dexter wrote:
> >I'm running htDig 3.1.1 on a DEC Alpha using Digital UNIX 4.0D and have
> >the exact same problem where the endings does not work. I have tried
> >different configurations for search_algorithm but none of them work.
>
> There have been a number of reports of this. To be completely honest,
> I don't know what's up, but I assume it's a problem with the regex
> code not working.
>
> I can't remember whether I mentioned it to people before, but you
> could try removing htlib/regex.* and then removing regex.o from the
> htlib/Makefile.
>
> This should force ht://Dig to use the system regex code when you
> compile. If this doesn't work, we'll have to work out some trace
> routines to see what's up.

But 3.1.1 didn't use GNU regex. It used the older rx code. However,
it may be that BOTH have problems with the Alpha (a 64-bit long int
problem, perhaps?). Trying out the system's own regex code is worth
a shot, but I wouldn't be too surprised if the problem lies elsewhere.