Re: [htdig] Round Robin: Multpile URL's for same site

Mon, 30 Aug 1999 12:12:12 -0500 (CDT)

According to Todd Daniel Woodward:
> Our site, radiodigest.com has two servers, web01 and
> web02.radiodigest.com.
>
> When you go to "www.radiodigest.com" or "radiodigest.com"
> you will hit either web01 or web02.
>
> Exact same content on both. Each has htdig on them.
>
> How do you configure htdig to work with multiple URLs for
> the same site?
>
> If you search using: http://web01.radiodigest.com/search.html
> it works great.
>
> If you search using:
> http://www.radiodigest.com/search.html it DOES NOT work.

When I tried this, it failed because it couldn't find the configuration
file www.radiodigest.com.conf. You should define this file, as a copy of
or symlink to your main configuration file, or as a separate file which
includes the main config file.

> Any suggestions for configuration?

A couple other things. I tried searches on web01 and web02 and got
different results. On web01, it didn't seem to do the "endings" fuzzy
matching, while on web02 it did. If the two systems are supposed to
be identical, then the search configs ought to be as well.

There were also some duplicate entries: a given document would appear
three times, with one of www.radiodigest.com, web01.radiodigest.com or
simply radiodigest.com in the URL. You should set

server_aliases: web01.radiodigest.com:80=www.radiodigest.com:80 \
                web02.radiodigest.com:80=www.radiodigest.com:80 \
                radiodigest.com:80=www.radiodigest.com:80

in your htdig.conf, and reindex, so that only www.radiodigest.com URLs