Re: [htdig] german umlauts with htsearch

Marcus J. Ertl (st002556@hrz1.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 19:02:13 +0200

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999 09:46:45 -0500 (CDT), Gilles Detillieux wrote:

>If the entries in db.wordlist are wrong, then it may be that your locale
>setting wasn't correct for your system, that the locales on your system
>aren't set up correctly, or that your system's implementation of locales
>is just buggy. For example, I gave up trying to set up locales on my
>libc5 based Red Hat 4.2 system. Even after installing all the needed
>locale files, the system just didn't seem to want to use them. With Red
>Hat 5.2's glibc 2.0 support, locales work fine straight out of the box,
>but with 5.0, you need to install a glibc update that will include all
>the locale files.

Is there a way to get local support without being root????

Marcus

---
Heisenburg may have slept here.

LARP-Welt: http://larp-welt.de/ Tagtraum: http://www.tu-darmstadt.de/~st002556/ ww.wisulizer: http://wwwisulizer.hypermart.net