Re: [htdig] How to disable "Synomym´s"

Kostas Kavoussanakis (
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 13:01:02 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Kostas Kavoussanakis wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Michael Schulz wrote:
> > i use ht://Dig and i would like to disable that synonym´s:
> [snip]
> The way to do this is edit the configuration file (htdig.conf or what
> have you) in the conf/ directory of the distribution and change the
> line
> search_algorithm: exact:1 synonyms:0.5 endings:0.1
> search_algorithm: exact:1
> >From what I can gather, it suffices to comment out the original line.
> Note that there is no need to reindex the database (cool!)

I forgot the best part: if you disable these, you can turn off htfuzzy
in the bin/rundig file and save some time next time you index. I am
not particularly sure about this; I guess the usual people will point
out any errors.

To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to containing the single word unsubscribe in
the SUBJECT of the message.