Re: [htdig] How to disable "Synomym´s"

Kostas Kavoussanakis (
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:55:48 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Michael Schulz wrote:

> i use ht://Dig and i would like to disable that synonym´s:

The way to do this is edit the configuration file (htdig.conf or what
have you) in the conf/ directory of the distribution and change the

search_algorithm: exact:1 synonyms:0.5 endings:0.1

search_algorithm: exact:1

From what I can gather, it suffices to comment out the original line.
Note that there is no need to reindex the database (cool!)

> Michael

| Kostas Kavoussanakis Applications Consultant, EPCC |
| phone: +44 131 650 5021 |
| fax: +44 131 650 6555 |
| 3404 JCMB, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JZ, Scotland |

To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to containing the single word unsubscribe in
the SUBJECT of the message.