Re: [htdig] DB2 problem ...: missing or empty key value specified

Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:07:40 -0500 (CDT)

According to Bernhard Schindlholzer:

> I have downloaded the lastest tar-file from htdig.org.
> Unpacked it and configured it and installed it (using the usual make and make
> install).
>
> After running htdig - no error msgs
>
> After running htmerge -vvvv -s i get this:
> htmerge: sorting
> htmerge: Removing doc #1
> DB2 problem ...: missing or empty key value specified
>
> htmerge: Total word count: 0
> Deleted, no excerpt: 1 /http://localhost/home-john
>
> htmerge: Total documents: 0
> htmerge: Total doc db size in (k): 0

Earlier that day...
> > According to Bernhard Schindlholzer:
> > > After installing i try to run the rundig-script and this is what i get:
> > >
> > > htdig: Run complete
> > > htdig: 1 server seen
> > > htdig: localhost 80: 1 document
> > > DB2 problem ...: missing or empty key value specified
>
> > > htmerge: Total documents: 0
> > > htmerge: Total doc db size in (k): 0
> > >
> > > But there are files in the root directory of my webserver

So it seems htdig is only picking up one single document from your
database, and htmerge is removing it. Hmm. I'd be interested in
knowing what that one document is, and why htmerge deletes it.
You say that there are files in the root directory of your server,
but htdig isn't picking them up. Surely, there must be some clues
about this in the htdig -vvvv output?

I wonder if the missing or empty key value specified error happens
because there's nothing left in the database, or because of something
wierd that htdig puts into it.