Re: [htdig] DB2 problem ...: missing or empty key value specified

Thu, 26 Aug 1999 13:05:08 -0500 (CDT)

According to Bernhard Schindlholzer:
> I'm using HtDig 3.2.1 on Suse Linux 6.1
>
> After installing i try to run the rundig-script and this is what i get:
>
> htdig: Run complete
> htdig: 1 server seen
> htdig: localhost 80: 1 document
> DB2 problem ...: missing or empty key value specified
> htmerge: Total word count: 0
> htmerge: Total documents: 0
> htmerge: Total doc db size in (k): 0
>
> But there are files in the root directory of my webserver
>
> Any ideas?

We've gotten reports of this error on a few occasions before, but have
never managed to follow it up thoroughly enough to nail down the cause
of it. The error suggests a corrupt database, but if it fails the first
time you run it, there's got to be more to it than that.

First of all, did you install ht://Dig from the binary RPMs, or did
you build it from the source? If you installed a binary RPM, I'd first
recommend that you rebuild it from the source on your system, to rule
out library incompatibilities or something of the sort.

Next, you should run htdig and htmerge with -vvvv -s, to see at which
point the error occurs, and what led up to it.