[htdig] Wrong line appearing in Header

Ken Whichard (wkw@ncccs.cc.nc.us)
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 07:31:41 -0400

We have been using htdig for about a month and are still learning. I have a situation that I don't understand - any help would be appreciated.

In the .conf file, I have set the following:

excerpt_show_top: yes
excerpt_length: 300

We have about 300 documents (pdf format) that have a note at the bottom that looks like - "*Every major requires..." (note the asterisk)

When I perform a search for one of the documents by title, that note line shows up as the top line of the header that is printed in the long format.

I don't want that to happen.

Any ideas?

TIA

Ken

Willis K. Whichard, Jr.
Associate Director of IS for Customer Service
NC Community College System
200 W. Jones St
Raleigh. NC 27699-5009
919-733-7051 Ext 340