Re: [htdig] Search results

Wed, 25 Aug 1999 21:30:34 -0500

> looks like. That means we're back to the proposal of adding mime.types
> and/or mime-magic processing - this has been suggested before, to extend
> local_urls processing, and handle other transport types, but takers for
> implementation haven't been forthcoming.

I'll echo this. It's obviously the best solution, but there's only so many
hours in the day. There's already GPL'ed source for this, like the file
command and Apache's mod_magic. But adapting it for our purposes would take
some work.

BTW, I know that standard practice for servers like Apache is that when a
MIME isn't defined, to assume it's text/plain. This is echoed by ht://Dig
and is why you see the HTML code at all.