Re: [htdig] optimal memory setup

Maren S. Leizaola (leizaola@unitedmta.com)
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 02:36:43 +0800 (CST)

> > Is it better to give a lot of swap space ( let's say 512Mb ) Should I
> give more ? or less ?
>
> I'd give it a gig just to be on the safe side. You can always add more
> hard disk on a scsi chain, but reconfiguring your machine because you
> don't have enough swap is a royal pain.

Due to FreeBSD's Swap interleaving/spannig over multiple drives I believe
that you can always add another drive and grow your swap... I think I've
done this successfully once. You can even move expand your /var by moving
it on another drive on live system with everything mounted and with one
reboot in between, well that is if you have the nerve. ;)

Maren.