Re: [htdig] Compile htdig on OS X (was Re: Search/index

Chuq Von Rospach (
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:22:38 -0700

At 4:07 PM -0500 8/20/99, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> Generally, the configure program looks after the common C library
> compatibility issues, but a certain minimal UNIX compatibility is still
> assumed. Certainly, without functions like accept, listen, bind, close
> and connect, you're going to have a very hard time getting any UNIX-based
> TCP/IP software to port to MacOS X.

it really sounds like something is funky there -- those calls are all
standard parts of libc on that server. Are you sure it's loading libc?

Chuq Von Rospach (Hockey fan? <>)
Apple Mail List Gnome (
Plaidworks Consulting (
<> + <>

The Jedi that I admire most met up with Darth Maul and now he's toast... (Weird Al Yankovic - The Saga Begins)