Re: [htdig] Compile htdig on OS X (was Re: Search/index

Fri, 20 Aug 1999 16:07:46 -0500 (CDT)

According to Ryan Thomas:
> Took care of that; but now I'm getting the same kind of error regarding
> Connection.cc and the functions accept, listen, bind, close and
> connect. *sigh*
>
> Any more advice?...perhaps on how I can generally determine my C library
> compatibility?

Generally, the configure program looks after the common C library
compatibility issues, but a certain minimal UNIX compatibility is still
assumed. Certainly, without functions like accept, listen, bind, close
and connect, you're going to have a very hard time getting any UNIX-based
TCP/IP software to port to MacOS X. I guess you're going to need read
and write as well. I wasn't thinking that far when I gave my previous
answer! Maybe the libraries are there, but not where configure or the
Makefiles expect to find them. You may need to add library options to
Makefile.config so that ld looks through all the libraries it need to,
e.g. if there's a separate UNIX compatibility library. If it's not there,
you'll need to find out where such a library is available, install it,
then add the appropriate options in Makefile.config.