Re: [htdig] Compile htdig on OS X (was Re: Search/index

Ryan Thomas (
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:50:57 -0500

Took care of that; but now I'm getting the same kind of error regarding and the functions accept, listen, bind, close and
connect. *sigh*

Any more advice?...perhaps on how I can generally determine my C library

At 02:22 PM 8/20/99 -0500, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

>According to Ryan Thomas:
> > I took care of the malloc.h error (includes need to point to
> sys/malloc.h);
> > but now I'm getting the following error. Can anyone help?
> >
> > /usr/bin/ld: ../htlib/libht.a(String.o) has external relocation entries in
> > non-writable section (__TEXT,__text) for symbols: _write
>Sounds like an undefined external reference, in a convoluted language. :)
>Does MacOS X not have a write() system call or function in its C library?
>If not, it may not matter. I don't think the String::write() method
>is used anyway, so you can probably safely remove the call to ::write()
>in that method (htlib/, line 201 in 3.1.2) and just set result
>to -1, or ifdef out all the code and return -1.

To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to containing the single word unsubscribe in
the SUBJECT of the message.