Re: [htdig] pdf

Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:22:10 -0500 (CDT)

According to Robert Cerny:
> this is an error message I get:
> /var/lib/htdig/db/htdig6999.pdf: Segmentation Violation Caught. PDF::parse:
> error running pdf_parser on http://www.dataline.cz/Other/cenik.pdf
>
> it looks like the converted file (pdf->ps) becomes to big??!

Let me guess. Acrobat Reader 4, right? This seems to be a common problem.
There's a patch for htdig that may help with this problem, available at

        http://www.htdig.org/files/contrib/other/

Be sure you install the bugfixes patch first, then the acroread4 patch.
Note I said it MAY help - Acrobat 4 doesn't strike me as very solid. I
think Acrobat 3 might to a better job. However, my patch for htdig does
get rid of the -pairs option, which seems to be guaranteed to cause this
error. Also note that these patches are for htdig version 3.1.2, and are
unlikely to apply properly to older versions.