Re: [htdig] pdf

Gilles Detillieux (
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:22:10 -0500 (CDT)

According to Robert Cerny:
> this is an error message I get:
> /var/lib/htdig/db/htdig6999.pdf: Segmentation Violation Caught. PDF::parse:
> error running pdf_parser on
> it looks like the converted file (pdf->ps) becomes to big??!

Let me guess. Acrobat Reader 4, right? This seems to be a common problem.
There's a patch for htdig that may help with this problem, available at

Be sure you install the bugfixes patch first, then the acroread4 patch.
Note I said it MAY help - Acrobat 4 doesn't strike me as very solid. I
think Acrobat 3 might to a better job. However, my patch for htdig does
get rid of the -pairs option, which seems to be guaranteed to cause this
error. Also note that these patches are for htdig version 3.1.2, and are
unlikely to apply properly to older versions.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: