Re: [htdig] weird results

Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:19:18 -0500 (CDT)

According to Robert Cerny:
> This could be true but the string is NOT in text!
> btw, I edited htdig.conf and set the bigger number :))

These questions are often easier to answer when dealing with specifics,
like what the string actually is. Anyway, I've found that sometimes,
htsearch will find a word in the database, but not in the excerpt,
because words in the database have punctuation stripped off. E.g.,
if you search for "ill" or "postdoctoral", but the word in the excerpt is
"I'll" or "post-doctoral", htsearch finds a match in the word database,
but not in the document excerpt.

You can get htsearch to show the top part of the excerpt anyway, but
without highlighting in these cases, by setting this in your htdig.conf:

no_excerpt_show_top: true