Re: [htdig] problems installing htdig 3.1.2 on solaris 7.0

Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:44:26 -0500 (CDT)

According to Obiajulu Odu:
> I am running into problems installing htdig-3.1.2 on Solaris 2.7 (7.0)
> server. Any ABC guide on installing and debugging htdig on solaris? I get
> these errors when running "./configure" for htdig-3.1.2:

> <bigger>.........stuff deleted...
>
> checking for working aclocal... missing
>
> checking for working automake... missing
[snip]
> checking if --enable-dump185 option specified... no
>
> checking for ar... missing_ar
>
> configure: error: No ar utility found.
>
> configure: error: ./configure failed for db/dist

> What is wrong?

The error messages tell the story. The configure program can adapt for
a lot of missing files and utilities, which is why it continued as far
as it did, but when it puts out an actual error message, it's usually
because it can't find something that's critical to a successful build of
the package. The "ar" utility is essential for building the libraries
that the db package and htdig need. You'll need to obtain and install
this utility for your Solaris system.