[htdig] weird results

Nicolas.Poizot@alcatel.fr
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 14:14:21 +0200

> Hi,
> I asked htdig about one word on our server and it responded:
> url, 4! stars and text:
> (None of the search words were found in the top of this document)
>
> what does it mean?

When you make the index, you specify a variable : max_head_length
this variable give the size of the top document keep in your database for
each document.
If your htsearch find a document, but the word is in part not keeped ny
htdig, htsearch cannot watch it.
Example:

I have a max_head_length of 50000 bytes
I have a document of 100000 bytes. Only the 50000 of the top is keeped.
When a search a word is in the second part of the document, htsearch can
give the link, but not the context of this word.

If you want that always htsearch give the context, you must give a large
limit for this variable.

> thanks
> --
> Robert Cerny