Re: [htdig] problem with htdig 3.1.2 configure file

Jon Bagshaw (J.Bagshaw@Bradford.ac.uk)
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:53:49 +0100

Obiajulu Odu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Our machine is Solaris 7.0 server. gcc, g++ and libstdc++ installed. Now I'm ready to install htdig on the web server (apache). But unfortunately I'm running into problems. I get this error when running ./configure for htdig-3.1.2:

> creating cache ./config.cache
> checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c

> What have done wrong? Am I required to edit the configure file for correct path? I have only edited the CONFIG file changing some paths to suit our web server. I saw some references to problems with Solaris on the mailing list archive, but none of them seemed to deal with my problem.

It looks like the compilers/etc are not in your path. try
# which gcc
this will let you know if the path is correct.
If this fails, you will need to do a set PATH = $PATH:path/to/gcc

Cheers
        Jon

--
Jon Bagshaw		| Phone +44 (1274) 233318