[htdig] problem with htdig 3.1.2 configure file

Obiajulu Odu (Obiajulu.Odu@ub.uit.no)
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 11:37:55 +0200

Hi,

Our machine is Solaris 7.0 server. gcc, g++ and libstdc++ installed. Now I'm ready to install htdig on the web server (apache). But unfortunately I'm running into problems. I get this error when running ./configure for htdig-3.1.2:

creating cache ./config.cache
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... ./configure: make: not found no
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
configuring ht://Dig version 3.1.2
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

What have done wrong? Am I required to edit the configure file for correct path? I have only edited the CONFIG file changing some paths to suit our web server. I saw some references to problems with Solaris on the mailing list archive, but none of them seemed to deal with my problem.

Thanks in advance.

-- Obi